Born in 1886 to a family of three boys in St. Martin, Jersey, Blampied became interested in drawing at an early age. He visited the studio of John Helier Lander in 1899 and as a result, decided to make a career as an artist. He studied at Lambeth School of Art and in 1905 joined the Daily Chronicle as an artist. The same year, he was awarded a scholarship to Bolt Court School of Photo-Engraving and Lithography. Having left his job at the Chronicle, he set up his own studio in 1912 and began illustrating novels and short stories.
During the 1920s Blampied became a member of the Royal Society of Painters-Etchers and Engravers and exhibited in London to critical acclaim. He produced a folio of comic drawings in the 1930s which was published in New York in 1934 and another that was published in London in 1936. In 1938, he moved to Bulwarks, St.Aubin in Jersey, but at the onset of the Occupation, had to relocate to Route Orange, St. Brelade where he continued to live, work and exhibit until his death in 1966.