Qualified dealers are invited to join the Association by the Board of Directors in consultation with the Membership Committee.
ELIGIBILITY & QUALIFICATIONS
* Art dealers with a demonstrated business focus on or expertise in fine prints.
* Print publishers of editions with artists of international or national importance and repute.
* A minimum of five years in business when the candidate is a public gallery or print publisher and eight years if the candidate is a private dealer.
* Ownership of a substantial portion of the works of art being offered for sale, rather than consigned by other dealers or collectors.
In addition to these qualifications, the IFPDA considers:
* The quality and importance of the works represented or published by the candidate and, if these works are contemporary, whether the artists are of international or national importance and repute.
* A candidate’s presence in the community, including participation in art fairs.
* Contributions to the field through the high quality of inventory, exhibitions and catalogues.
* A demonstrated commitment to promoting knowledge of fine prints within the public sphere.
* A candidate’s potential to advance the Association’s mission and reputation.
The IFPDA’s Membership Committee is charged with vetting candidates for membership. To be considered for membership, a candidate must be recommended by a current IFPDA member. This recommendation should be submitted by the IFPDA member directly to the IFPDA’s Membership Committee. Candidates may provide support documentation relevant to their candidacy directly to the recommending member. If recommended by the membership committee and subsequently approved by a vote of the Board of Directors, a candidate will be invited to become a member. Invitations to membership will not necessarily occur during the year in which a review is initiated. Membership in the organization does not guarantee participation in annual IFPDA Print Fair in New York.